Red texas fertility

Zinnib123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi has anyone had any luck with their rt males being fertile as mine has paired with female Midas but previously had no luck with convict female so do I just give up ?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Hi has anyone had any luck with their rt males being fertile as mine has paired with female Midas but previously had no luck with convict female so do I just give up ?
He might not be mature yet keep on trying until some hatch. I recently sold a fertile female red texas female you can see a pic in my profile pic. Males are tricky sometimes it can take them a while to fully mature. post some pics of the males.

Reactions: Zinnib123

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Doesn't look too much like a red texas to me. Alot of the red texas for sale are first generation hybrid from hybrid mothers so they are largely infertile. Even the super nice imports are usually first generation hybrid because the fertility is so low to bother carrying on. Its not just males some females in my line breeding shortbody rt project were infertile. Cross back to carpintis is the key for fertility. This "rt" though I wouldn't bother with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store