ReefSalts Marineland 300 Gallon Deep Dimension Step by Step Setup

ReefSalt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2014
Mascouche
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to document my new build, I have kept Saltwater fish for over 30 years those were the days where hair algae and aiptasia on a rock was cool:cry: ,And have been keeping SPS Reefs for over 15 years.

My new Reef aquarium building will start slowly, I will keep all my old equipment because it works perfectly, and was purchased for a large tank volume of water to start.

Marineland Aquarium StarFire 300 72 X 36 X 27
Monteray Stand and Canopy

Sump filtration will be a 75 gallon and will incorporate a refugium and auto top off.

Lighting will Ecotech Radion 6 Pro`s G3
Return Pump Reef Flo Hammerhead/Barracuda Gold Series
Skimmer Reef Octopus SRO5000
JNS Sulphur Reactor for Nitrate control
Reef Octopus Ozone Reactor
4 x Tunze 6105 with 2x Ecotech Vortech MP40
2 x 550 Phosban reactors( GFO and Carbon)

So I received this beast of a starfire glass tank, I also picked up the stand and cover Marineland Monterey in black wood grain. Very well done better than older models with doors at the front and on the side for easy access. The canopy is sweet since it has doors and also folds upward to give me lots of room to play in the tank.

Got to love Starfire Glass:drool:

Time to unload the Cabinet and Canopy

BasicallyBane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Haha I thought I was the first one to think of plasti dip for the back of aquariums! I'm glad to see others doing so. It's nice cause you can remove it and it also is an excellent insulator. Nice aquarium. My pursuit Some day...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ReefSalt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2014
Mascouche
Haha I thought I was the first one to think of plasti dip for the back of aquariums! I'm glad to see others doing so. It's nice cause you can remove it and it also is an excellent insulator. Nice aquarium. My pursuit Some day...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks,

Plastic Dip is fantastic stuff , but you have to be careful when removing the painting tape, the tape will pull off the plastidip , i had to pass an exacto to make sure the plastidip does not peel off with the tape.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store