Returning back to the Shark World with a new tank

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Just a quick pic of the Banded after filling his belly ;)

image.jpg

Looking for more sharks if anyone is selling. Smooth hound or Japanese Leopard Shark preferred.

image.jpg

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Fish:
Hey guys quick tank update.... marbled and bamboo sharks are doing great! The two california rays are also doing awesome and possibly showing signs of mating(anyone have their behaviors documented?). The 9 Mono's are eating like pigs...no really they hog the food! I have had a few filler fish here or there that have not been big enough, but I recently added in 8 Lookdowns and 9 Golden Trevally aka pilot fish. This has made a huge difference on the overall water column and sometimes becomes one huge school. (will get a good pic of the huge school and post it up soon)

Filtration Etc:
I have a added a small refugium and 7" filter sock off the main sump, and looking to possibly add another protein skimmer to keep up with the increase in food waste. I have an Aqua C EV-1000 which works great, but may add another to compliment it. Anyone have a reliable 500 gallon skimmer recommendation? Also not sure if I posted it here, but I have added 6 Aquatic Life Halo LED pendants to replace the weak LED strip lights. The tank looks alot better shimmering and having them suspended from the ceiling is convenient when removing the screens or plexiglass tops! Also got a new Spectrapure 180gpd RO/DI filter so my weekly water changes are alot easier since it produces so much faster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store