Rotating food.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Hi again guys! I was just curious, does anyone else rotate the food they give their fish? I switch from pelletts, color enhancing pellets, dried krill, live ghost shrimp. (For the smaller tank ) I've read the krill help with color and I know the fish love them. Also my LFS told me to add alittle garlic extract to my dried krill says it promotes health and keeps parisites at bay. (They only get them twice a week.) Is there any truth to this?

Brent419

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2014
Toledo OH
I rotate all the time between pellets and frozen tilapia/veggie mix that I make. The mix is a bit random every time I make it depending what i have available. Also, they get fresh veggies every once in a while - most often in the summer months when I have excess from the garden. Will also toss in earthworms or other bugs from the garden too. I used to always feed 1 thing but it's actually more fun (for me) to mix it up a bit and it seems the fish love it too.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
all of my fish get a good variety of stuff too.

i think the only time it becomes a problem is when you start feeding them stuff like hotdogs.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
My fry tank mainly only get baby brine shrimp for growth and new spectrum 1mm pellets.

My main tank various different foods. I have to feed my big guys then I need sinking for the smaller guys and then medium sized pellets for the growing ones.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
all of my fish get a good variety of stuff too.

i think the only time it becomes a problem is when you start feeding them stuff like hotdogs.
So you're saying this is a problem? All I feed my fish are Ballpark Franks....

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

Brent419

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2014
Toledo OH
Hey, has anyone ever added paprika to their food?? I've read that it enhances the red/orange colors in the fish. I've been doing it and have no I'll side effects. Colors seem like they pop but maybe just my imagination- they were pretty good before my experiment

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
I rotate foods. I give 13 different foods and I rotate everyday. So one day they will get a meat lovers, and the next day something else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store