RTC and TSN Information

bowfinjay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
clermont florida
hi everyone new to the catfish world, a friend gave me a cat and wasn't sur what type it was till a few minutes ago. its a hybrid RTC / TSN need some info on this cat, whats the best food and different type of food it can eat . i currently have him in a 220 gallon tank, he is about 23" + and very active. feeding tilapia and shrimp and hikari pellets. here are some pics.View attachment 1048842View attachment 104884320141124_203354.jpgView attachment 1048845

20141124_203354.jpg

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Hi guys just wondering can anyone tell me are TSN or RTC schooling or group fish in the wild... or have any links / articles on their behaviour in the wild...

Vaughan

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2015
Please help some body I am a monster fish collector for 3years but I am new to rtc .I just bought a small rtc yesterday but he is not eating anything

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hey everyone my rtcs about 4 inches long and doing great I just got him about 5 days ago and he is doing amazing, he is hanging out with my Trinidad pleco right here haha20151202_210111.jpg

Reactions: Thesius

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
Please help some body I am a monster fish collector for 3years but I am new to rtc .I just bought a small rtc yesterday but he is not eating anything
I ran into this same problem about 9 days ago.. not trying to scare you but you need to act now, test your water for ammonia, Mine had labored breathing, odd swimming patterns as well after not eating, as you said you keep monsters previous to this one, I assume you defiantly know your tank is good, but just saying that's what mine was, hope that helps a little..BTW mine passed I had to get a new one

Flowerhorn dad

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hello all.
Just picked up a rtc/tsn hybrid about 2" two days ago. It seems to be doing good I caught him swimming around this morning (so far he has been pretty not active). I dropped a few pellets in and he caught the smell of them and I watched him gobble a couple up. I turned the lights off and left for work. Like most cats I assume he will be more active at night.
Tell me what you guys think of him so far.
And do the hybrids get any tiger markings or do they fav, the rtc more?
image.jpeg

Reactions: Thesius

Thesius

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2016
Maybe you should switch off the lights before feeding your rtc as they don't like lights when they are young.

Mod Thanatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2016
Indiana, USA
My advice for a RTC... DON'T buy one. These monster require extra care and mostly a big tank. It's best to appreciate them from afar. Afar being in someone else's tank or in a picture. :)

MonstaFish FOR LIFE

Feeder Fish
May 21, 2016
The gill curl is common in RTCs it is basically a disease it can be treated and a few owners have even tried to cut off the full cover (which I do NOT recommend doing) just treat them with some medication and it should get better after a while, mine was just like that when he was young

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store