RTM breeding edmonton alberta

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
I have no idea that's what the guys at big als called the fish. I'll be in there tomorrow if there still around I'll take a picture. I think the parents are starting to pick off the fry all the smaller ones are disappearing. I'm feeding extra to insure there not hungry to prevent the fish from eating there fry if that's the case. I still have a good amount just not like a did at first if it's any one I think it's the male eating them. He goes a little blind during feeding times and bites anything that moves. Next week if you can't make it here I'll drive down there with them on my day off.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
Black belts is what there called lol and I'm putting a piece of wood in with the RTM. there doing there little spawning dance trying to find a clean surface. There both super fat i bet the second that wood goes in they will. I turned there lights off they were getting a little to aggressive with each other now they have calmed right down.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Black Belts makes sense as Ninja's. Your adults may just eat the fry so they won't kill the new batch. In the wild maybe the others would be on their own or they may not spawn as often.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
Black Belts makes sense as Ninja's. Your adults may just eat the fry so they won't kill the new batch. In the wild maybe the others would be on their own or they may not spawn as often.
I'm going to remove the fry tomorrow and see what happens I'll leave 5 behind so they can decide what to do with them

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I don't know what you want to do but a hiding place for those fry may help keep the new batches numbers in check. Although the parents will probably make short work of the older ones if they try anything.
Those Black Belts are a rather nice looking Veija that can develope some good red in them.
I am going to try and get a 160 bow front for our trade it has a sump if this set up would intrest you.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
Yea that would be interested for sure, as long as the silicone still looks great and no chips that's my only concern. I don't mind Minior scratchs ect does the sump come with the return pump? Or is this bare tank?

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
As far as I know it is the complete set up.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
I work nights so if there's a day your coming back up let me know and I'll wake up. You would know best what to do with these fry. Also the two parents are almost ready to explode there getting pretty thick.im not sure why they haven't spawned with in the last couple days maybe the other fry Im not sure but it's close.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Ok I'll work on getting something together. Let them look after these fry might slow down their breeding. You might need some powder or crush up some flakes to feed the fry in a week or so. Not sure when we are coming back up but will make it sooner than later. You have our email address so we can keep in touch.

Djglenn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Edmonton alberta
I've been feeding the fry crush flakes, blood worms,brine shrimp and crushed pellets. There are still a lot left and are growing quickly I've left them with the parents. so far so good it's as if they picked off all the small ones or ones that did not form properly. I'll post a up to date photo of them when I get off work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store