Scleropages Leichardti

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
You should be fine. My Lei is as peaceful as a predator could be. He doesn't intentionally bite things like a jardini. Give it time and watch but I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

Reactions: Empyreal

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
You should be fine. My Lei is as peaceful as a predator could be. He doesn't intentionally bite things like a jardini. Give it time and watch but I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.
Unfortunately I had to move on the oscars. The injuries were getting nasty and they were obviously stressed out. I'm going to attempt to add some sort of catfish, hopefully that works out better.

Reactions: gm_design

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Added a 25cm salmon tail cat (Arius Leptaspis) shortly after my last post. I found it dead today, the lei had given it a flogging.

I guess it's going to be a lone fish lol

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Lol see jardini get all the bad press but lei's are just as bad ;):D
Try some cats that have armour plates or spikes like irwini or Niger they seem to shrug off any aro attacks in my experiences without damage

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I've read that adding the Aro last to the tank (ideally when small) increases your chances. I had good success with the Lei, albeit, mine only made it to 9-10".

Of course, this was a generalization, and likely doesn't apply to Jardini :)

Reactions: Lgw

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Lol see jardini get all the bad press but lei's are just as bad ;):D
Try some cats that have armour plates or spikes like irwini or Niger they seem to shrug off any aro attacks in my experiences without damage
If only it was that easy :(

We don't have much to pick from over here, i haven't seen or heard of anyone having either of the above.

RTC pop up every now and again, however they come with a ~$700 + price tag.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yeah sorry my bad forgot you were in Australia, im not sure what Aussie native cats there are with aro proof bodies, what about giving him some dither fish to take his mind off the bottom dwellers ?

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah sorry my bad forgot you were in Australia, im not sure what Aussie native cats there are with aro proof bodies, what about giving him some dither fish to take his mind off the bottom dwellers ?
I thought about silver dollars, but I think they'll destroy my pothos roots. Maybe ill give swordtails a go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store