Shims didn't work... Now what?

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
I need to lift my tank an entire inch on the left side. I couldn't find any shims with a fat side of a whole inch. Theyre like a half inch thick, max. Tried em anyway, and it wasn't enough. Tried 2 stacked on top of one another and one of them broke everytime. What should I do?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Are you uaing wood shims ? Get the composite ones. I have to and 3 of them stacked in some places around my stand works fine

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
Yeah I'm using wood. I think I might have to triple stack them too. Thanks for the tip. I saw them when I was buying the wood ones and thought they were too small. But I'll give them a try

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
The doors shims can be stacked facing opposite of one another to become a block. Two of those blocks is 1". I use aluminum blocks to level. They don't rust and won't break.

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
I got composite shims and put em in. Will post pics once the tank is done filling

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
The tank was off front to back a bit too so I put some shims in the front. But I just realized that the middle of the backside isn't being supported at all. It's the only 1 of the 6 points of contact (4 corners and 2 middle sections) that isn't being supported. Should I be concerned? Should I try to throw some shims under that part? To clarify, only the 2 back corners are touching the floor or shims. The rest of the stand is suspended

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store