Shooting within earshot of my house!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Last night 3 armed robbers with semi-automatic weapons robbed a local restaurant and escaped on foot. They were spotted on a road not to far from my house and soon the police were on to them (helicopter and multiple cars)

Soon after they were found at a stop-street not 5 minutes from my house (i go past there often) and 3 shots were fired (My dad heard these FROM MY HOUSE). One suspect was shot in the back and hospitalised, and a second was arrested. A third suspect is on the run. An officer also sustained a gunshot wound to the head and is stable in hospital.

It is scary that something could happen this close to anybody. Wow

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
crazy........

my sister n law was caught in traffic after some dude committed suicide by jumping off a freeway bridge

it's crazy when you see things live rather than on tv

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Last night 3 armed robbers with semi-automatic weapons robbed a local restaurant and escaped on foot. They were spotted on a road not to far from my house and soon the police were on to them (helicopter and multiple cars)

Soon after they were found at a stop-street not 5 minutes from my house (i go past there often) and 3 shots were fired (My dad heard these FROM MY HOUSE). One suspect was shot in the back and hospitalised, and a second was arrested. A third suspect is on the run. An officer also sustained a gunshot wound to the head and is stable in hospital.

It is scary that something could happen this close to anybody. Wow
Ths is normal in America. I live in the Murder Capital in America which is Chicago...

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,be careful over there.Are citizens allowed to own firearms for protection?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
crazy........

my sister n law was caught in traffic after some dude committed suicide by jumping off a freeway bridge

I was at a restaurant in the city and in the alley where a bunch of my friends were having a smoke we heard tons of gun shots. We ran back to the restaurant and heard screaming and what not. A 21 year old kid got murdered due to gang affiliation and his mother was screaming.....

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ths is normal in America. I live in the Murder Capital in America which is Chicago...
yikes.
Wow,be careful over there.Are citizens allowed to own firearms for protection?
Yes. Gun control is stringent but there are many illegal firearms in circulation
I was at a restaurant in the city and in the alley where a bunch of my friends were having a smoke we heard tons of gun shots. We ran back to the restaurant and heard screaming and what not. A 21 year old kid got murdered due to gang affiliation and his mother was screaming.....
Gang violence levels here are phenomenal in the townships (search that in google)

crazy........

that sounds terrible.

Somewhere near a friend of mine (he could hear the shot) a guy broke into someones house and threatened to sexually assault his daughter if he did not open the safe and hand over his weapon. The suspect ended up locking himself in the bedroom and the guy shot the suspect dead through the door, pretty traumatic. Some people also randomly threw a brick through his window

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Holy crap! This thread is going to make me even more paranoid than I already am.. :/

Last time my brother (10) and sister (7) stayed with me we heard gunshots while eating dinner. My sister asked me what the noise was because it scared her, I lied through me teeth and told her it was most likely a car backfiring (my brother helped with the lie, he knew exactly what the noise was) only to have people start yelling threats (at each other, not me) followed by more shots.
Shortly after the second round of shots police and ambulance sirens could be heard up the road so I had to come clean and tell her that it must of been gun shots.
Well she didn't sleep that night and I spent all night watching monster high with her trying to calm her down - which failed miserably.

Needless to say she doesn't want to stay again unless I can prove the gunmen got locked up, which I can't prove because they're most likely not.

This happens in a country with a fair amount of gun control, some actually think we have to much gun control; which we kind of do, there are such strict regulations here and it seems like the police are more worried about inspecting legal registered gun safes and the shot guns in them than putting the time and effort in to finding and seizing the illegal ones - I know its not that easy but still...

Illegal weapons will always find a way in, no matter where in the world you live unfortunately.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I grew up hearing gunshots but not like drive by shooting zinging through my house style. Now I live on in the sticks where everybody shoots on the weekends.

For work I travel all over the place to the worst areas. By far the 2 worst places are the middle east and Mexico. Automatic gunfire every freaking night. Hotel guarded by 2 50cals and paper rock scissors for the 240 bravo.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Gunshots around here aren't given second thought around here. Sometimes it's the neighbors putting down a horse with a broken leg, sometimes it's the death of a deer or other times it's just someone sighting in. Guess I live in a rather sheltered area away from the harsher realities. On a side note the village my uncle was from in Yemen got bombed by ISIS and turned everything to rubble including five of his cousins and grandparents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store