Short body green terror?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
So a week or 2 ago my LFS finally got the greet terrors I wanted. Some of them were kinda short and round and I didn't really like them but some looked "ok". Anyways I got one and the other day I went back and they had re-labeled them as short body green terrors. My consern is that this fish was originally going in the my Jack Dempsey and Bleekeri. Is the fact that it's "short bodied" going to truly effect it's over all end size and make this tank set up more difficult?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Not the best since it's from my phone but that's almost a complete side view. Like I said mine looked relatively normal. Actually going to the LFS today so I'll snap a pic there as well.

image.jpg

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Here's the tank at the LFS.

image.jpg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Yours looks normal to me.
In the past, a short bodied fish would be culled, but it seems to be a fad these days to promote mutations.
The problem with "real" short bodied fish is that the organs of the fish are crammed into a smaller space than normal, leading at times to swim bladder and other internal problems, the same as found predictably found in balloon goldfish.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
I've seen short body green terrors yours is definitely not one.
Couldn't find the pic but when you see a short body there's no question that something is seriously wrong with the poor thing. People think they're cute. Just like those poor rose queen rejects that can't even close their mouths. Instead of culling they simply "re-market"

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I'm sorry but you two are crazy. Every gt in that tank is deformed and I would lable as shirt body. It's quite obvious there is something wrong with his fish and every fish in that tank at his lfs.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
I didn't say they weren't deformed MOST are from LFS's those are however obviously NOT short bodies. If you've actually seen one you would know. I'll try to find the pic

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
I'm sorry but you two are crazy. Every gt in that tank is deformed and I would lable as shirt body. It's quite obvious there is something wrong with his fish and every fish in that tank at his lfs.
Agreed, deformed.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
image.jpg The standard on a short body is like the standard for a red Texas, it doesn't exist.

This is a short body fish lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store