show us your parachromis!!!!

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Mota likes to be near me.....at the end of the tank closest to the couch...

View attachment 1150542

View attachment 1150543

View attachment 1150544
I love the thickness of this guy. Kinda making me want to pick up some. I have grown out a legit male yet!!

Nice cich , my jag pair do that constantly too they may aswell be in a 2ft cube lol .
Here's a few of my Goldie's I'm growing out , coming along nicley View attachment 1150545 View attachment 1150548 View attachment 1150549
Never seen these before. these jags xantic?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've no idea what they are mate , hoping a few will help me out with a positive id on them so I know what ive got :) wouldn't the xantic strain have more of the darker patches and obvious pattern difference ?

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Those jags look interesting for sure....they seem xanthic...but also being that their color looks whitish maybe they could be considered leucistic....

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Those jags look interesting for sure....they seem xanthic...but also being that their color looks whitish maybe they could be considered leucistic....
What's the differences between the two cich ? How can I tell what I've got here ? I'll keep the growth pictures updated to show how they progress , there currently smashing hikari gold daily :D

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
What's the differences between the two cich ? How can I tell what I've got here ? I'll keep the growth pictures updated to show how they progress , there currently smashing hikari gold daily :D
I only have vague understanding of it myself.....I threw that out there, as food for thought....but basically my understanding is that xanthic animals are very yellow... I have seen pics of animals labeled xanthic that were very bright yellow and animals leucistic that were very white, with either type having the condition occurring in just parts of the body or others having the patterns they would normally have being faint, or with some the pattern completely not present.....hopefully someone who really knows will add input.... now we all have even more reason to watch this thread....looking forward to the updates...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks cich , im sure a few more will help out too :) my lfs have no idea really hence the gold jag label on the thread :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store