Sick....Again...

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Well, I've gotten sick again. Did anyone else have a war in their teens with strep? Does anyone have a treatment idea that doesn't involve constant antibiotics? I've already had my tonsils removed, but it just refuses to go away.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Your throat can not hurt if you don’t have a throat, go the French style and use a guillotine. All jokes aside I didn’t have problems with strep as a teen but upper respiratory bronchitis was a problem back then, awful stuff I tell you what.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
If you have a Vietnamese restaurant near you get big bowl of beef pho, chuck in some chilli and lemon juice and get it all down.
I guarantee you will feel much better after you eat it.
Make sure it’s the real thing not a powder mix and if you are too sick to go and get takeaway then warm it up when you get it home as the hotter the better.
As a general rule if the restaurant looks shabby and is run by a grumpy old Vietnamese women who seems to hate you then you will get good pho soup.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Well, I've gotten sick again. Did anyone else have a war in their teens with strep? Does anyone have a treatment idea that doesn't involve constant antibiotics? I've already had my tonsils removed, but it just refuses to go away.
I assume you've tried antibiotics, if not I encourage you to see your doctor to prescribe you some. My cousin had strep when she was a pre-teen but never went to a doctor nor received any treatment. 16 years later her kidneys failed and now she needs dialysis at the hospital twice per week. They said the cause was strep bacteria.

The way I understand it, strep will supposedly go away (your throat will get better) on its own in time, but the bacteria can migrate to certain internal organs where it will lie dormant for a time before damaging those organs. On the other hand, a course of the right anitbiotics will kill the bacteria. I don't mean to alarm you, I hope this helps.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I got strep several times in my late teens and early 20's. Each time it made me sick enough to go see the doc, and each time he took a throaat swab to test and sent me home without meds. The results of the tests eventually said "strep" but by that time I had always gotten better. It got so that I knew exactly what I had simply be the combination of symptoms...slightly funny "taste" in my mouth, whitish appearance at back of throat, soreness, etc. But they always made me wait it out.

Finally, at around 25, I got a bad case, the worse I had ever had. I went to my then-new doc and explained my past episodes and why I thought my self-diagnosis was correct. I don't recall if he performed the test, but he gave me a prescription for whatever stone-age antibiotic was being used back then and the thing cleared up within a few days, and never re-appeared.

Hopefully yours would respond just as well. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store