Single, hard water occupant for 200 gal

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I used to have both Dovii and Jag (Hunduras Jag) pair, but I never try to cross breed them. The blue shine + a jag body pattern from google image does look awesome and motivate me try to cross breed them :)
Yea. I have yet to breed fish, african butterfly cichlids or kribs are likely to be my first endeavour, the though of breeding big parachromis scares me

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
Ended up going with the jar due to availability. Still pretty happy with my selection. It's a great looking fish, and I'm excited to be keeping another arowana.

How's that pothos plant working for you?I was thinking about putting that in my sump... I stay in san diego too got to go to LA area if you want the more exotic predator fish =/

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You posted your question in the quote

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Pothos work great to remove nitrate from your water but you will need a lot, I meant a loooooot :p I used 2 buckets of pothos I bought from Home Depot (10 bucks per bundle) on 40B with light bioload and it's work great. IMO if you have a heavy bio load system them you still need to do WC to keep thing in check but not as often and as much water to change each time.
Edit:
You can start with few pothos and just re-plant the one that grow too long, or let the pothos vine (not leaves) touch the water and it will spout out some roots and create a nature look of roots vine in water.

Last edited:

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
The pothos works alright. I get a slight reduction in nitrates. The only bad thing is our san diego tap is very low in potassium so once the pothos uses it all, it can't consume any more nitrates.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store