Skin on Gar peeling- Thoughts/help?

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
Gill Blue Gill Blue I took your advice and increased the volume of my water changes. I prefer my crow grilled ☺. Looking back, I wasn't doing that much in comparison. But, I always hear about guys only doing maybe 20%weekly changes, and thought that would be fine.

Then I have friends with amazing 300 gallon reef tanks, who do zero water changes...thats with sps,lps, etc, and a hwavy fish load. I know the skimmer and live rock help.

So, thanks for the advice and i apologize.

My careers keep me busy. But my current water change is now, everyday , 20 gal at 11am and 20 gallon at 11pm. Just the way it works.
So far , everyone is doing great.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Good on you man. He's totally revived. Out of curiousity do you monitor your ph while using RO water? I think I recall you saying you use 100% ro water. I'm not positive on this but I think that without a buffer like crushed coral that you could be at risk of ph swings. I'm not sure how dangerous it is, given that tds should be extremely low.

Reactions: bacon

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
Good on you man. He's totally revived. Out of curiousity do you monitor your ph while using RO water? I think I recall you saying you use 100% ro water. I'm not positive on this but I think that without a buffer like crushed coral that you could be at risk of ph swings. I'm not sure how dangerous it is, given that tds should be extremely low.
I don't. I'll check and report back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store