Snail eggs

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I assume these are either apple snails (Ampullariidae) or 'mystery snails' (Viviparidae), as these are the types commonly placing egg masses outside the water.
In either case, as eggs hatch, the mucus/fluid contained in each egg, usually forms a droplet that falls into the water, carrying each tiny snail. The whole mass may hatch within a day or two, although sometimes part of the egg mass does not contain viable eggs. Most baby snails don't need to crawl into the water but some might.
The first cluster of eggs didn’t make it, idk what happened but none of the snails survived but this morning I saw the other cluster looking moldy so I floated a small container under them and a couple hours later I got this..image.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: Deadeye and deeda

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Just put about 40 snails into the 40g tank to grow out and then once they’re about a month old I’ll divide them through my 75g,40g and the 29g and then I plan on taking like a dozen of them and putting them in a separate container to grow out in so that I can pull the snail out cut the foot off freeze and use as fish food for my eel catfish.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store