Snow White Datniods

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Cool looking fish for sure! It never seems to amaze me what people are willing to pay for rarity :) Its a Asian thing by now and worry about it later regardless of the price :rolleyes::eek::confused::p:)

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
So a fish of this kind originally sold for 400k? Now the rarity has come down by half and this one is only 200k? Next one will be 100K and so on and so on .....

Bad investment.

Reactions: julnj2

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
You dont value things like that with its life span....the price is high cos is extremely rare.
Everyone can buy a 200k house if they have the money
But only 1 person can buy this fish with 200k
This fish is rarer than Diamond
And also for exotic fish collecter who appreciate this kind of fish.
IT IS A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME CHANCE TO OWN A FISH LIKE THAT.
One piece only from Billon of Datnioides
So think again!
I understand the rarity... I guess I don't understand having that much money, as I make monthly payments on my house and hope to own it after 30 years... It is really too bad that so many people will die of hunger this year, when someone can pay $200,000 for a fish. Don't get me wrong, I really do care about fish... just seems like you could fund the recovery of an endangered species before being the ONLY PERSON with a white f***ing datnoid. Hope you have loads of friends to share it with.

Reactions: julnj2

Magic 77

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
So the same fish sold for 400k and someone has already lost 200k on the fish? Maybe not so rare and the previous one sold for 400k and now the rarity has come down by half and the second fish of this kind is only worth 200k?
If they buy 200k and sold it for 400k ....wat do u think ???
And the size is different too!

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
this is the type of purchase an evil villain would make at the start of a movie...

oh, diamonds are stupid too, unless used for some sort of functional purpose which demands their extreme hardness. As a stone signifying ones love for another? waste of money...

Thank god my wife will never log on to MKF!

Magic 77

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
House is a necessity .Keep Exotic fish is a luxury and hobby ..

So for those ppl if have the extra money and can afford it

CHINA ppl buy 1 pair of adult albino Stingray for 300k

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
House is a necessity .Keep Exotic fish is a luxury and hobby ..

So for those ppl if have the extra money and can afford it

CHINA ppl buy 1 pair of adult albino Stingray for 300k
Lets not get into human rights, inequality, and economy in china... maybe this fish has something to do with the recent market disturbances? and with that, I shall bow out and carry myself off to sleep.

Reactions: Blkpiranha

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
okay.. just one more comment...

I keep a species of fish that I have not yet been able to find another aquarist to keep, and I paid US$0 for the entire lot of them. Does that not carry similar intrinsic value?

Magic 77

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Lets not get into human rights, inequality, and economy in china... maybe this fish has something to do with the recent market disturbances? and with that, I shall bow out and carry myself off to sleep.
No bro dont get it wrong cos u ask abt the price .i just sharing with u the asian side of the market and u talk abt the value and life spans
But is good to share cos the thinking and perception of valuing thing is very different.But i totally understand where u coming from .
Yes it is really crazy and ridiculous for a fish ....yes a fish to be of this price .....
But since there is crazy ppl in this world willing to pay for it therefore the value of it is at this price.
Lets now talk abt price and just enjoy the beauty of this Monster

Good nite!

Reactions: Rays starter

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
there are plenty of the RICH Chinese in China and they are STUPID rich they have so much money they don't even know what to do with it and a $400k fish is nothing to them. If they can lose "Millions" on one hand on the baccarat table in Macau a $400k fish is chump change to them. They even pay hundreds of thousand to a Milly for a dog lol...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store