So who's ready for ice fishing?

Fisher...

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2016
Mn
I'm still out chasing walleye and musky in the boat but I can't wait to start walking on water again!

Are there any other ice fishing finatics out there chomping at the bit as much as I am?
Where do you fish and what do you fish for?

harris522

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2015
michigan
i love to ice fish. I'm in Michigan and I mostly use tip ups and fish for northern pike. my goal is to land a 40 incher.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd love to get in to ice fishing some day, but have no experience with it and don't know anyone that does. Once local stuff starts to freeze, I fly fish nymphs and eggs down 1-3' wide holes in the ice down creeks for Trout and Chubs until they're completely frozen. Then it's off to the vise to start tying for the spring. Cabin fever kills me so badly.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Used to get excited about ice fishing. The older I get the more I mind the cold. I go once in a great while if it is a nice sunny day in March and temps are near 40 degrees. If it's below freezing, forget it...

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I love ice fishing out here,used to be the only one out here doing it until some guys saw how many big bass I reeled in,I fish with buzzbaits in earl winter then switch to spinners and minnowbaits,I stop fishing once waters freez completely(ice is rarely safe to walk on here).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store