Some catches from this season

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
that's awesome!!! YYou guys in the Florida Keys?? Those are some MONSTER Red Snappers!!! I didn't know Triggerfish were edible.....what species are they? Oceans?

gonna go ahead and try guessing the others......Hawksbill sea turtles, Mahi mahi, a few Mangrove snappers (?), a Gag grouper, a swordfish, Bonito and yellowfin tuna

So what took a bite out of that snapper? Did you still fillet him up anyway? :)

Dude,, u guys have some SERIOUS rods and reels......probably over $10,000 invested, huh?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
that's awesome!!! YYou guys in the Florida Keys?? Those are some MONSTER Red Snappers!!! I didn't know Triggerfish were edible.....what species are they? Oceans?

gonna go ahead and try guessing the others......Hawksbill sea turtles, Mahi mahi, a few Mangrove snappers (?), a Gag grouper, a swordfish, Bonito and yellowfin tuna

So what took a bite out of that snapper? Did you still fillet him up anyway? :)

Dude,, u guys have some SERIOUS rods and reels......probably over $10,000 invested, huh?
Look at a map of the Gulf of Mexico and I'm at the most northern point of the.Gulf! So no, not in the keys!

The trigger are grey trigger and they are fantastic, unfortunately they are closed the rest of the year.

The turtle I believe is a juvenile green, there were several in that grass mat, all about the size of my hand.

I run fishing charters, I wish I only had $10k invested!

The red snapper with the bite taken out went 22lbs on the scales. The girl that caught was from the UK and had never been fishing before, she was cool as hell. The fish was filleted as usual but.missing a couple of pounds!

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Look at a map of the Gulf of Mexico and I'm at the most northern point of the.Gulf! So no, not in the keys!

The trigger are grey trigger and they are fantastic, unfortunately they are closed the rest of the year.

The turtle I believe is a juvenile green, there were several in that grass mat, all about the size of my hand.

I run fishing charters, I wish I only had $10k invested!

The red snapper with the bite taken out went 22lbs on the scales. The girl that caught was from the UK and had never been fishing before, she was cool as hell. The fish was filleted as usual but.missing a couple of pounds!
unless i'm totally missing something, on a map it looks like Mobile Bay is the northernmost point in the Gulf......

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice catches.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice catches!
I receive weekly emails from the Florida FWC concerning red tide, changes in fishing regulations, etc. Occasionally see grey triggers mentioned; I always wondered if many people ate them. They sometimes show up in Maine waters during the summer.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Nice catches!
I receive weekly emails from the Florida FWC concerning red tide, changes in fishing regulations, etc. Occasionally see grey triggers mentioned; I always wondered if many people ate them. They sometimes show up in Maine waters during the summer.
I was always under the impression that like Parrotfish, all Triggers are high-risk candidates for Ciguatera and they are poisonous

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store