Some said this is the ugliest arowana ever...

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011

but I like him a lot. :) (I know its actually related to Araipama instead).

Not an easy fish to take pic because he is always swimming around the tank with such spunk!

Thanks to all those who kept this species before and shared their experience here generously.

I grabbed the biggest (9-10 inches) available and feeding him 3 times daily daily with frozen BW until he stabilized and fattened enough to switch to something else.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Just Googled it to check out how they look as adult, and I think they look pretty cool

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
It's my first time keeping this as well. Not easy when they are small but once they hit 8-9 inches; go for it when available. :D

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

but I like him a lot. :) (I know its actually related to Araipama instead).

Not an easy fish to take pic because he is always swimming around the tank with such spunk!

Thanks to all those who kept this species before and shared their experience here generously.

I grabbed the biggest (9-10 inches) available and feeding him 3 times daily daily with frozen BW until he stabilized and fattened enough to switch to something else.

I actually like most fish that some cute fish keepers consider ugly lol:)

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Thanks guys.

Those who are keeping them; don't you think they have a sort of animated facial expression that is very likable?

The other fish (IMO) that has this trait is the AUL.

After all the monstrous and evil (in a good way) looks we have with hoplias, channas, piranhas...it is good to add a goofy face fish in the mix I think. LOL!

Reactions: freshfishin727
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store