SOS need help, bd ray just got slashed by my ATF! Deep gash

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
I was just about to sleep and I went to check on the tanks and noticed my BD Ray got two deep gashes! The culprit is either one of my large ATF. He was probably climbing the wall too much as I was fasting them today and got slashed a few times by a hungry ATF as well. His breathing is fast but then slow and is still climbing the walls. the temperature is sitting at 30 degrees Celsius, should I add salt and up the temp more or what? I don't have experience with open gash wounds on a stingray before...!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Clean water, clean water and more clean water. watch for any possible infection and then treat if necessary. Had/Have both large VATF and Armatus in with my rays and never seen this happen..

GL

Reactions: SHARK13

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Keep water clean and he will be fine. It seems from what I have seen online that what your ray has is a small scratch in comparison, I have seen rays in the wild with huge chunks missing and meat hanging, yours will heal up very fast.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen. how much salt do I apply?? I Just did a wc before this happened. keeping my eyes glued to this tank..!

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I use to be an advocate of salt anytime I saw bite marks or open wounds, but now I'm on the fence personally. Clean water should solve everything. Only use salt if you absolutely need to.

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
I use to be an advocate of salt anytime I saw bite marks or open wounds, but now I'm on the fence personally. Clean water should solve everything. Only use salt if you absolutely need to.
Agreed

Reactions: SHARK13

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I never heard of salt hurting any fish unless you added to much and made it a marine tank haha

Reactions: davenmandy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store