Standing for the National Anthem

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
This mainly applies for Americans.

Most sports fans heard about Colin Kaepernick refusing to stand during the National Anthem

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

My point of this thread isn't directed at him directly(feel free to talk about it though).

It's not even his direct reasoning behind it.

Suppose someone loses pride in their country <insert reason here> . Is it really considered unamerican to not stand or place your hand over your heart? I remember as a kid my mother would force me to do all this(take my hat off too).

I won't deny over the last few years I've lost alot of pride in this country because of the direction it's gone... and I don't think it's going to get any better(anytime soon). Publicly I haven't refused to do the 'rituals' we are suppose to do but it just makes me wonder.... is it really needed?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I don't think it's unamerican that kaepernick didn't stand.

You have a choice and the freedom to stand or not. That's American to me.

The PC correctness groups will be coming out the woodwork though. That's just the drama of it all.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
This mainly applies for Americans.

Most sports fans heard about Colin Kaepernick refusing to stand during the National Anthem

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

My point of this thread isn't directed at him directly(feel free to talk about it though).

It's not even his direct reasoning behind it.

Suppose someone loses pride in their country <insert reason here> . Is it really considered unamerican to not stand or place your hand over your heart? I remember as a kid my mother would force me to do all this(take my hat off too).

I won't deny over the last few years I've lost alot of pride in this country because of the direction it's gone... and I don't think it's going to get any better(anytime soon). Publicly I haven't refused to do the 'rituals' we are suppose to do but it just makes me wonder.... is it really needed?
Is it really needed? I say no. Listen this country is not perfect, but I still love it. I love the people who fight for this country, and there are still good people trying to make this a great place. U ever hear of a group call the Westboro Church? Complete ***holes, but freedom my man. Everyone has a choice, we might disagree, but we still should respect/tolerate it. I dont think I would ever not stand, the day I do is the day I move to Canada.

I don't think it's unamerican that kaepernick didn't stand.

You have a choice and the freedom to stand or not. That's American to me.

The PC correctness groups will be coming out the woodwork though. That's just the drama of it all.
+1, this country is way too PC. U hear of that Olympian that didnt put her hands over her heart n everyone was making a big deal over it?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is it really needed? I say no. Listen this country is not perfect, but I still love it. I love the people who fight for this country, and there are still good people trying to make this a great place. U ever hear of a group call the Westboro Church? Complete ***holes, but freedom my man. Everyone has a choice, we might disagree, but we still should respect/tolerate it. I dont think I would ever not stand, the day I do is the day I move to Canada.
Well said.Whether one chooses to stand or not is up to them but I think it is wrong to not do so....This is OUR home and if you don't like what is going on within it's borders then you must do your part to possitively affect change.

Reactions: jaws7777

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
We the people, the words say it all, I do not stand to salute and honer what ever political party may be in office, or the government, I stand up to pay respects to you, me and the united states, not the government. We the People.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
We the people, the words say it all, I do not stand to salute and honer what ever political party may be in office, or the government, I stand up to pay respects to you, me and the united states, not the government. We the People.
All i know is that come November, we're all screw. #Harambe4Prez #Harambe2K16 #voteHarambe

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
It would be nice to hear about these oppressed multi millionaires using some of their wealth to effect positive change in afflicted areas instead of pointing fingers and pitching a b!7(h about regular middle class folks and how we should pony up more cash to spend on policies that haven't worked.

Wow, sorry about the rant

Back to the OP no one has to stand but if you really feel that way about this country why do you stay here?
Oh yeah $$$
Hypocrites if you ask me

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Well said.Whether one chooses to stand or not is up to them but I think it is wrong to not do so....This is OUR home and if you don't like what is going on within it's borders then you must do your part to possitively affect change.
+1

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
For kaepernick....I'm sure he feels he's making a positive affective change by not standing. Others will see it and may ask questions. Maybe pov's will change. Etc etc. I think that's his whole plan. To shed light on it.

The response of if you don't like it....then leave the country isn't right in my eyes. Especially if ur American or the person saying is a citizen. If u are illegal then it's different.

People of color(African Americans)aren't oppressed. Don't think it's the right word. They are absolutely profiled and discriminated. Not a lot like the media make out. The other issue is the culture surrounding them allow for them to be oppressed and become immoral. No snitching in the hood, rappers glorify drug life and criminal behavior, blame to others, hatred for cops and promiscuity w/o responsibility for the product (children). These and more lead to a bad culture. Basically bad behavior and responding that way to family, superiors, and cops.

Being a person of color myself. I've experienced it first hand. I'm a physician with top awards and recommendations. When I went to apply to jobs in nyc. I was turned away from certain jobs cause they were for other physician. That's the medical culture. It's not about what u know but who know in those instances. Left nyc to Florida and the level of racism here is quite high lol.

Now let me get off my soap box.

Reactions: Hendre and jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store