Starting To Love Datnoids

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I just can't fathom the price tag on the bigger ones. It literally blows my mind years ago these fish were going for not that much and all of a sudden they made out of gold lol
Yeah someone locally is selling a 16in for $2000.00

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Yea, I understand that, but I have a hard time committing to a starvation method to pellet train since its such a little thing. That's one of the main reason its in with my grow-out clown loaches. Hoping for the monkey-see-monkey-do will method will help.
Yeah they seem competitive, if one shows interest in anything they all rush in for it.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
i'm not sure how much color to expect from these 2 inchers but I can see the striping coming thru and one in particular is showing some gold. I'll post a pic before day is over

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
They seem like a awesome game fish, would look to do dat fishing; catch and release of course

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah man, IT dats and other datnoids in general are cool. :cool: Mine is now five inches on massivore pellets. Almost two years old from two inches. Growing up nicely. Try getting the dat on massive one day, noticed a big growth spurt from using it. And yeah, they are pretty awesome fish alright. Hope it accepts pellets for you soon.

Reactions: Wailua Boy

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Yeah man, IT dats and other datnoids in general are cool. :cool: Mine is now five inches on massivore pellets. Almost two years old from two inches. Growing up nicely. Try getting the dat on massive one day, noticed a big growth spurt from using it. And yeah, they are pretty awesome fish alright. Hope it accepts pellets for you soon.
Luckily today they hit a few NLS sinking pellets and later in the day, they hit a broken up foodstick. At this point they seem always down to eat. I'm attempting 3-4 feedings a day and I have tossed in a few very small live compost worms that started a small squabble but nothing serious. I hope they remain so easy to feed.

Reactions: NeonFlux
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store