still have ammonia

Swampgorilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2016
Well I have never used DeNitrate but I can vouch that it wasn't MATRIX that was your problem. I have used that forever and in HUGE amounts far above what is recommended and have experienced nothing but greatness.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
mybe ima try using tetra safe start and see will it make my water back to normal again.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
alright brought 2 bottle and throw everything in like the instruction say and let see how it goes.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
so its day 2 and still the same result im soo confused right now... why my ammonia not going down?

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
oky im so confused what I did wrong? I tested the water and it still the same. the tetra safestart say test in 2 days or something and I did but same result. Should I add another bottle?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
oky im so confused what I did wrong? I tested the water and it still the same. the tetra safestart say test in 2 days or something and I did but same result. Should I add another bottle?
Take your water and go to your LFS and pay them few bucks to test your water. I think something wrong with your test kits or something went wrong in your tank and you didn't notice about it.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
When I first setup my saltwater tank i used live rocks to cycled my tank then I added few small fishes to keep the tank cycle, everything was fine until i added my moray to my tank. I got mini cycled going for over a week because my tank BB couldn't handle the bio load from the moray so Ammonia showed up on my test kit for a week (very low amount), then Nitrite spike up for a day or two then my nitrate went up sky high. It took like 10 days for my BB catch up with the moray bio load, my guess your tank having same problem like mine and it will be fine.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
Take your water and go to your LFS and pay them few bucks to test your water. I think something wrong with your test kits or something went wrong in your tank and you didn't notice about it.
I tried testing ammonia on my newly tank and shows no ammonia which is correct since its new tank and is not cycled yet. I have researched that water that is 6.7ph is hard to get cycled cause bacteria cant survive the ph. the only thing I don't understand is how I have nitrate and ammonia and not nitrite? isn't ammonia turn to nitrite then nitrate? If I don't see any nitrite how is it turning into nitrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store