Still no answers.

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Can someone please help me identify
What this is in my tank... I have been trying to figure out if I missed the egg laying process for my jack dempseys and still am left with no answers.. But there is is this almost gel looking stuff in areas of my tank especially in there nest they dug, which they did yesterday and I monitored it throughout the day from when they dug it til now.. It had nothing in it. Now there's gel like substance in there and also all along side of there flower pot. I did a 25% water change today and I didn't want to disturb too much but I tried to vacuum up some off to the sides and it would fall back out like it was heavy. I stopped vacuuming. Any thoughts?

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I have no idea what that could be actually. Whenever my fish have laid eggs and it gets eaten there isn't really anything left behind. There is sometimes a bit of gunk left behind but doesn't really sound like what you have, I could be wrong though.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
looks like fuzzy egg residue. look for wiglers stashed some ware.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
One thing you might want to consider, is if it was a successful spawn, the female usually guards very close, and the male stays a bit farther away. If it was not successful the unfertilized eggs will fungus over, and parents don't normally hang around. I don't see eggs, just fuzz. And it could be they have already hatched and the wrigglers are stashed away, but if you go poking around looking, they may eat the fry, so just be patient for a few days, and see if fry appear. If they do, they will be obvious.

Here are some pics of obvious eggs.

all substrate spawning cichlids have ovoid eggs, whether from Madagascar (1st pic) Central America (2nd) or Africa (3rdpic),

Reactions: Lil g

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Idk what ever it is its gone and my fish are being so lethargic, like they won't even eat or move for that matter.. Even with the light on or off.. My water is pristine.. My levels are all at 0 with my ph the same as always

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
0 ph ? Using a liquid test kit or strips ?

Lil g

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
Oh no.. My ph is at 7.4..like always... My ph comes out of my tap like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store