Stingray didn’t eat today!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
The pearl is looking too thin. Have you noticed any of the tank mates bothering the rays? One of your photos shows the pleco almost on top of the ray.

Reactions: tlindsey

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
The pearl is looking too thin. Have you noticed any of the tank mates bothering the rays? One of your photos shows the pleco almost on top of the ray.
The Plecos swim on top of the ways sometimes when their buried but I’ve never seen them try to attach to the ways or anything.
I haven’t SEEN any aggression by any of them towards the rays.
I’m mostly worried about the pearl at the moment. The BD is eating again and has been active all day, the pearl has been hiding all day.

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
Update:
Pico ate like normal again and is back to her normal self.
Pine was swimming around last night and this morning, offered food and she did eat one pretty good sized piece but then buried again.
Just fed them like 5 mins ago and atm pine is still buried, will I update if she comes up before I go to work.

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello all! Sorry that it’s been awhile.
Both stingrays have been doing better since my last post. Both stingrays are active and eating well lately. Pico has been eating everything offered, and Pine has been gradually eating most foods and is putting on weight.
I’m still unsure of why they acted off in the first place, all I’ve been doing is doing regular (for a while it was daily), water changes and offering food daily, but I’ve just seen improvement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store