Stingray that lasts longer in 55?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I have a male marble who is about 10" and has recently almost stopped growing entirely, so if any fish would work for a while it would be a mini marble, but really only for a few months.

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
A mini marble male inparticular or Hystrix, scobina if you can find one,
But at the end of the day your tank really can only be used as a grow out, if you can plan ahead, like a year, the go for it. Rays are for the long term, you'll get so committed to your rays you'll just have to have an upgrade

Captain tank

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
There is a veriant of marble motoro people call mini marble motoro which stay around 10" male 13-14" female , there's owners/breeders of these in uk and USA who are members here. I have a male mini marble motoro bred here in the uk by aqua man
Is their care any different from regular motoros? And how much do they cost?

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Does anyone know of a South American fresh water stingray species that can stay in a 55 gallon fish tank for a few years before I would need a bigger tank. I love the freshwater rays, I've had some experience since I work at a small business aquarium store. And I attempted a Motoro stingray, but found out they get too big, and their growth is quicker than I thought so I returned him back. And I know the males stay smaller than the females. So I'll obviously be getting a male Ray because of size. I basically know all the care requirements just looking for the smallest species out there. I'll be getting a 200 gallon in about two years once I graduate high school this year and I get into college.
Rubber stingray armament will last a long long time in 55 gallon.

55 g is not recommended for ray

Reactions: MEDHBSI

Captain tank

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
Rubber stingray armament will last a long long time in 55 gallon.

55 g is not recommended for ray
For a baby for a year, but that's about it... I just thought there was a species out there that stayed really small that was natural. I'm saving up for a 600 gallon though so I can get some tiger stingrays. They look awesome. Already some experience with freshwater rays. They create a lot of waste so you need strong mechanical filtration and clean water and swimming space, and a sand substrate.

Captain tank

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
For a baby for a year, but that's about it... I just thought there was a species out there that stayed really small that was natural. I'm saving up for a 600 gallon though so I can get some tiger stingrays. They look awesome. Already some experience with freshwater rays. They create a lot of waste so you need strong mechanical filtration and clean water and swimming space, and a sand substrate.
And other factors and needs are at play too. I know what I'm getting into. I had a Motoro before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store