Stock list for 2400 litres/ 634 gallons

Emil Wångdahl

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
Sweden
Hi everyone.
So im starting a build soon to build a 200cmx200cm aquarium like the one uarujoey does in his vid but a litlle bigger.
Im thinking of stocklist,
2 Florida gars
2 Silver arowanas
2 Giant snakeheads (maybe 1)
1 Bichir
2 Oscars
1 fire eel
1 or 2 Goliath fish.
Annyone have anny opinions? am i overstocking?
those are my favorites and i would realy like to get them in there, bigger aquarium isnt an option but maybe cut some fishes out if i have to.
My favorites are arowana, oscar and gars so those are the ones i really want to have in there.
i will have 100 litres hel-x filter and a big filter with ceramic, around 50 litres.
also a uv filter but thats it.
offcourse i will post pictures when i start, will start sometime soon.
all the parts are bought but i dont move into the houser untill next week and the aquarium will probeably not be the first thing i fix when i move in :)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
well overstocked, need to remove the gatf and snakeheads, swap them for odoe pikes and pluero snakeheads.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
also the silver aro's will outgrow the others and eat them, get them last once the others have some size get a big fire eel as they take an age to grow.

Emil Wångdahl

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
Sweden
Changed plans. i will now have a 6400liters (1690 gallon) instead.
I will stock it with 2 silver aro, 4 Oscars, 2 florida gars and 2 plecos so far.
i have them in a smaller tank atm while im building the larger tank in the cellar.
My question is, can i have 1 RTC in there aswell? it will be 2 meters by 2 meters wide (6.56 feet) and almost as high.
or will he be sad in there?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
rtc will eat all of them eventually. do a ripsaw instead if you want a big personable catfish

Emil Wångdahl

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
Sweden
maybe i will just stuck to some large plecos then. I like the Pseudodoras niger alott.
you earlier said my aros would outgrow and eat the oscars and the gar but atm the gar is outgrowing everything else in there and both the aros are loosing scales every now and then, i bought 2 florida gars and they were the same size 1 and a half month ago but now one is almost twice the size of the other and he has taken the eye of the smaller one so the smal one is in a separate tank now. trying to feed him so he catches up so i can put them together in the big tank later

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Are you sure they are both florida gar and you havent got gator gar or gator x?

I didnt mean the oscars in particular but theres a good chance aro will outgrow all of them, the eel and atf .would have been at most risk being thin and easy to swallow..
Shame about the gars eye, if one is aggressive you need to divide off and take action, sell the aggressive one to someone who has a better home for the good of your other fish.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
If a fish is being picked on and stressed it wont grow like it should or feed like it should.

Emil Wångdahl

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
Sweden
im hoping they will get along better when they are in 6400 liters. wont be as crowded, otherwise the bigger gar will go into 1000 liters by himsel untill the others have had a chance to grow more.
im not sure both are floridas but the lfs said so and they looked identical when i got them. just that one of them has grown like 2cm and the other almost 10cm in less then 2 months. he eats like 10 carnivore sticks and probeably 15 pieces of frozen fish that are in cubes like 1x1cm everyday and he is wide too, not just long

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
2inches a months sounds like gator gar pace. Im not an expert on gar but florida are lucky to reach 12-14 inch in the first year arnt they?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store