Stubborn eater! What do I do?

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
I have a 4" gar, I think its a spotted possibly. Anywho, it only eats bloodworms and I wanna transition him into eating raw shrimp and raw fish. How long should I starve him for? Will that necessarily guarantee that he'll eat?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
wait till he grows a little more
before you starve him

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
any other tips to getting my gar to eat other foods? Has anyone had success with feeding them tilapia/halibut and other raw fish?

Dragon Hunter

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
lalaland
JESTERX626;1961177; said:
any other tips to getting my gar to eat other foods? Has anyone had success with feeding them tilapia/halibut and other raw fish?
Halibut i save for myself.... I think at that size just let it eat whatever it wants till it get big enough to startve. I also have 1 around that size and i just give it feeders for now,.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hi mate ive got the same problem with my florida gar,he was in with a three bar dat and ive only just noticed that the 5" dat was picking on the gar when he was trying to feed so i took the dat out(hes now picking on 5 7" geos and an 18" rtg!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I realised that he had not been eating much at all in the last month so i thought id feed him up on bloodworm,because he eats that like i dont know what and after a few weeks of filling him up with bloodworm i may starve him again now he is eating loads and hopefully he will adapt because he just simply needs ths food because he has got used to eating alot.

Il let you know the results

cheers steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store