Stumped

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I posted a thread relatively recently, on my tiger barbs; which I'd noticed had extremely reduced fins, particularly the caudal tail fin, on the bottom section.

After a 3-4 repeated dose of melafix, I thought that might sort it if its some sort of bacterial problem; but this looks to have had no effect, and I'm still seeing barbs that look really bad, but behave normally.

All water params are as expected, fully cycled tank with nitrates hovering between 15-20ppm usually.

Stock includes my tiger barbs, BP, corydoras and some danios, blue phantom pleco.

I never see intentional tail biting, indeed I have about 11 barbs; so its more power struggles than anything else.

All other fish are fine, even my long finned varieties of danio, 9 of the tiger barbs look fine, fins and all.

Would like to add 10 more tigers, but hesitant to until I can clear this issue up.

Help a bro out guys :D

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
well first off...melafix is garbage lol. I'd go with a salt dose in the tank and some paraguard if you can get it there. Looks like general fin nip damage to me.

Reactions: tanyaelec11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store