Suggestions for Frozen Mysis Shrimp Brands

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey
Hello,
My seahorse loves frozen mysis (thawed of course). Had no problem switching from live foods to this. He would chase the frozen shrimp through the tank and look like it was a game to him. However I picked up a new pack (can't remember the brand offhand and I'm at work) but the shrimp don't look as shrimp-like, he doesn't seem as interested in this type, and it's actually clouding up my water since I started using it. Is there any brand that seems to be better than the rest or is this possibly just a fluke issue where it may have defrosted and refroze? I am getting rid of this pack and want to go out this afternoon to pick up more. I am going to try to get what I'd been using originally but if I can't find any I would appreciate any suggestions as a fall-back plan.

Thank you.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I think almost everyone would recommend the pe mysis brand nutritionally it far exceeds hikari brand. But it is oily and you'll need to rinse the shrimp lightly to get the oils cleaned off before adding excess nutrients to the tank. The benefits far out weighs the oiliness when you look at the protein and fats in the food shown on the label on back of the packaging. Hope this helps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store