Suggestions for my DYI modification to a comm 3D BG

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Know just have to make up my mind on an aquascape, think I like it less cluttered

The 2nd coat of resin is still drying in these pics, the sand drift will look better when the excess sand is vacuumed off.
uploadfromtaptalk1336661866585.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Looks really nice. I think you made the right decision

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Ok good input, wood was acctually all me in the 125 only one piece and all the fish seem to croud, wanted to go for a natural look with some java from my planted tank on the wood. But the zonatus and hartwegi seem to like to eat plants, the ate a few swords in the grow out tank. I like the open look in your tanks but I also wanted to cover the overflows. Lighting has been an issue as well want some bright lights to really show off there color but dont want the algie, I have a 40w uv I v been saving for this tank. Inoriginally went with the black for optimal coloration on the fish but been thinkin the natural sand might look better
All my CA s, you saw them in the headshots thread, had a melanurus like yours but smaller, These are in 125 grow out tank they wont all go but this 155 will be temp till I can get 10'er
Zonatus male
Syn male
Melanurus male
Briedohri male
Bicourti male
2 Hartwegi males
2 females, Escondito, Fenstratus
Bottom feeders
Some hybrids
List goes on but probably gonna put all males from CA n the bottom feeders
Know just have to make up my mind on an aquascape, think I like it less cluttered
View attachment 779882

Your setup is looking pretty shaweeeet, bro! lol! I agree with you going less cluttered on the aquascape, especially since your gonna have all those bad boys in the tank. Plus the background is taking up enough room. And good choice going with natural looking sand. Since the Zonatus and Hartwegi are going at the live plants try putting some plastic plants in there. My Zonatus and Hatwegi used to ignore my plastic plants after they figured out they where fake. I'd go with those plastic plants with the suction cups on them. I personally like the looks of the plastic Philodendron with the suction cups. The suction cups would allow you to attach the plants directly to the overflows and cover every inch of it, you won't even know it's there. Can't wait to see it all setup bro, so get to it. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store