Sux when this happens

MarcN.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
50g upper jaw tank broke without even being touched :( 50g of water all down the living room. Took me 4 hrs to clear things up.

Right now the polys are all in my hosp tank, whew! Just lost 2 frontosas and a pleco.

Should I get this tank repaired or just get a 75 or a 100 asap? It's actually a custom built tank made of 1/4" glass so i am quite surprised it breaks just like that and it's only 1.5 week old.

Or is this tank would be nuff for an upper jaw project tank? It runs with an overhead planted sump and 75g rated chinese HOB.

Btw, the ornate will be housed with big boys lower jaw 180g tank once he gets big nuff not to be eaten ;)

Appreciate your opinion guys.

IMG_20161009_054302.jpg

IMG_20161009_054311.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry to hear. Glad it wasn't a complete loss.

Reactions: MarcN.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
If your tank is that new ring/email the manufacturer and tell them what happened, did it come with a warranty?

Reactions: MarcN. and tlindsey

MarcN.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
If your tank is that new ring/email the manufacturer and tell them what happened, did it come with a warranty?
Exactly what I am going to do come morn. It's still 6 am sunday here, took all night to clear the mess up. I am thinking of him building me a 75 with me adding a few xtra cost while using the warranty if 36x20x20 is not enough for the smaller lower jaw polys

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Exactly what I am going to do come morn. It's still 6 am sunday here, took all night to clear the mess up. I am thinking of him building me a 75 with me adding a few xtra cost while using the warranty if 36x20x20 is not enough for the smaller lower jaw polys
Ahh yep.

It might also pay to keep an eye out for a cheap wet & dry vacuum just in case something like this happens again. I got mine second hand at a yard sale with the intention of cleaning up fish tank spills, it's the best $40 I've spent since being in the hobby.

MarcN.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
Ahh yep.

It might also pay to keep an eye out for a cheap wet & dry vacuum just in case something like this happens again. I got mine second hand at a yard sale with the intention of cleaning up fish tank spills, it's the best $40 I've spent since being in the hobby.
Things like this will always be our worst nightmare in the hobby. I never had the idea of wet/dry vac until today tbh.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Things like this will always be our worst nightmare in the hobby. I never had the idea of wet/dry vac until today tbh.
I hadn't thought of it either until I seen one at a yard sale. Definitely worth the investment, god forbid anything like this happens again, but if it does at least clean up will be easier. :)

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Sorry that stuff happen, it happen to me but i put my upper jaw with the lower jaws, wrong decision, upper jaws got eaten. 100g would be the best choice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store