Switching to NLS

master.k.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Clinton Twp , MI
The switch was made and my fish will never look back . NLS is the way , And I say this becaus they love the sinking pellets , It looks so much more natural rather than eating from the top like the hakiri ooods that I've always believe in , I have grew prize fish on Hakira I wish they made a sinkig pellets the cichlidd seem to enjoy the sinking so much moor than the floting ..

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
Are we talking about the same food?????

NLS Mega Fish Formula (which seems like the massivore NLS replacement in my case)

" This is a sinking pellet that is 10 mm in size. MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin. GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 42% Min., Fat 6% Min., Fiber 4% Max., Ash 8% Max., Moisture 10% Max. "

Sent from MFK App

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
The switch was made and my fish will never look back . NLS is the way , And I say this becaus they love the sinking pellets , It looks so much more natural rather than eating from the top like the hakiri ooods that I've always believe in , I have grew prize fish on Hakira I wish they made a sinkig pellets the cichlidd seem to enjoy the sinking so much moor than the floting ..
hikari does have sinking pellets.

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA

thatbb6

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Orange County
None of u guys ever tried Kens premium pellets? I used both Kens and NLS for months n I cant tell the difference. I feel the need to reiterate this because Kens 5lbs is only $22.+ S/H. Save ur money ppl

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
NLS Mega Fish Formula (which seems like the massivore NLS replacement in my case)

" This is a sinking pellet that is 10 mm in size. MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin. GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 42% Min., Fat 6% Min., Fiber 4% Max., Ash 8% Max., Moisture 10% Max. "

FYI - NLS Mega Fish formula has never contained soybean of any type. No idea where you got that ingredient list from, but it is incorrect.

Hikari food on the other hand not only contains soybean meal, their food also contains corn flakes, gluten meal, rice bran, dried bakery product, alpha starch, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and not to forget the mystery starch, simply listed on a number of their labels as "starch". I suppose that consumers just have to guess at that last ingredient.

None of u guys ever tried Kens premium pellets? I used both Kens and NLS for months n I cant tell the difference. I feel the need to reiterate this because Kens 5lbs is only $22.+ S/H. Save ur money ppl
Ken buys his food from commercial feed mills, re-bags it, and sticks his own labels on it. Most of his food I wouldn't feed my fish if it was free. The main ingredient in his "premium" cichlid pellets is WHEAT, 3rd ingredient listed by dry weight is SOYBEAN MEAL, no big surprise that his food costs half that of NLS, it's less than half the quality!

Not everything health wise in a fish can be seen with the naked eye, like most things in life with fish food you usually get what you pay for.

To the OP ......... it's always a good idea to feed lightly for the first week when switching foods, as it will allow the fishes gastrointestinal tract to adjust to the change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store