Switching to NLS

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
The 10mm pellets are the Mega, Mega is very hard to feed to rays or any fish, the 6mm pellets are allot easier and my africans/south americans/rays and everything else upto 12+ inches eats the 6mm pellets great. Like any food, massivore is like crack, it can take a little to get them off it but once they are its not an issue at all they will take it easy. And I feel the health benefits are way worth it.

I got the ingredient list off kens site for NLS mega....
Eitherway ill give the NLS a SHOT when I run out of my Massivore sack.

Sent from MFK App

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
What's your point exactly?

Those are both Hikari labels, which clearly show not just one source of terrestrial based "starch", but three. Depending on the inclusion rates of each of those starches Hikari could in fact contain twice as much total starch as NLS. Or not, just sayin you can't simply look at just the first 2 or 3 ingredients and compare the quality of one fish food to another.
My point is where's the said "msg" in massivore?

Sent from MFK App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The 10 mm Mega Fish formula was designed for VERY large fish, in which case I haven't seen too many issues in converting very large fish onto the Mega Fish formula. A lot of it depends on the fish, and what they are used to eating. Some fish take to the 10mm readily, others not so much as it is a rather large, and rather dense/hard food. Having said that, certainly not a formula designed for the average African Cichlid. lol

TakeNotes .......... I never stated that Massivore contained anything, what I said was;
Hikari food on the other hand not only contains soybean meal, their food also contains corn flakes, gluten meal, rice bran, dried bakery product, alpha starch, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and not to forget the mystery starch, simply listed on a number of their labels as "starch".
I was speaking in general about the quality of raw ingredients that are used by Hikari to manufacture their various fish food formulas.

seel1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
uk
Hey Neil sorry to derail but, I've just purchased some NLS discus formula and looking at the ingredients list it has whole squid meal. Now compare that to the NLS cichlid formula that I have - that doesn't contain any whole squid meal? Also the label on the discus formula states which fruits/vegetables it contains whereas the cichlid formula doesn't? Just wondering why that is?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store