Tanganyika shell dweller biotope?

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
My breeder is part of an African breeding group called Rocky Mountain Cichlids but I'm not sure if they ship. Look them up online and drop them a line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
My breeder is part of an African breeding group called Rocky Mountain Cichlids but I'm not sure if they ship. Look them up online and drop them a line.

I dropped them an email 2 days ago no response so far from what I got from the website they shipped they ha d the cheapest price around

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
I dropped them an email 2 days ago no response so far from what I got from the website they shipped they ha d the cheapest price around

They can be flakey sometimes. Just call them on Monday. There are 8 or 9 people in the group and people just get busy sometimes.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
They can be flakey sometimes. Just call them on Monday. There are 8 or 9 people in the group and people just get busy sometimes.

Well it's gonna have to wait till after Christmas because I just got a one eyed temensis

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
For any change in PH, every .1 change is going to be +/- x 10. So if your water is at 7.2 and you change your water to 8.0, the water becomes 80 times more alkaline.

I would think you need to cut the number in half if you are changing half your water. And, I have always heard that as long as as the PH difference is less than 1, you don't need to worry about it too much.

To the OP, if you want to add a buffering substrate, then go ahead. It's not a necessity, but it also won't hurt anything. But since you just got a new fish doesn't sound like you are doing this anytime soon anyway.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
I would think you need to cut the number in half if you are changing half your water. And, I have always heard that as long as as the PH difference is less than 1, you don't need to worry about it too much.

To the OP, if you want to add a buffering substrate, then go ahead. It's not a necessity, but it also won't hurt anything. But since you just got a new fish doesn't sound like you are doing this anytime soon anyway.
Well I've changed the game plan till after Christmas so I get the filters for Christmas all set up so I can over filter the tank and my mom is making me switch tanks back over to my 20 high so now I'm all confused on numbers and all that so I'm thinking of dropping number to 6 instead of 8

maxxximus87

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Southwest Florida
My colony is spawning like crazy the last month. If you don't mind waiting a little longer I could sell you some. Also, I just moved from Florida to Colorado and they did fine in Florida tap water and even spawned for me there. I wouldn't worry to much about water chemistry.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
My colony is spawning like crazy the last month. If you don't mind waiting a little longer I could sell you some. Also, I just moved from Florida to Colorado and they did fine in Florida tap water and even spawned for me there. I wouldn't worry to much about water chemistry.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have another project going on right now but I plan on setting up a tank or shell dwellers soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store