tank ideas

pacuman91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2007
Wisconsin
ok so my gf and i have been talking and she decided that she wants to get a tank up and running in her room. its gunna have to be easy to take care of (shes never really had a tank of her own) neways im giving her and extra 29 and a Filstar XP1 Canister Filter.

She is really into plecos and i was thinking about a bristle nose since they stay small and mind you they will be in there for life.

What else should i put in there? She wants 3-4 fish

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
How about some kind of gourami and a school of mid-sized tetras? Nice combo of personality and movement.

pacuman91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2007
Wisconsin
i mentioned it but he immediatetly said no........ so idk perhaps some smaller cichlids?

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Everybody likes rams. You'd still need an upper level species, though; maybe hatchets or some kind of killie?

pacuman91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2007
Wisconsin
thinking bout hachets and killies. prolly killies, you think there is enough room if i get 4 or so killies and a brushy nose if there is enough room for a mid level too?

Mbutiful

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I always liked going with hundreds of tiny fish in smaller tanks like 30 gallons, some species of rasbora look amazing when theyre schooling.

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
pacuman91;2664765; said:
thinking bout hachets and killies. prolly killies, you think there is enough room if i get 4 or so killies and a brushy nose if there is enough room for a mid level too?
I think so, so long as you've got decent filtration.

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mbutiful;2664784; said:
I always liked going with hundreds of tiny fish in smaller tanks like 30 gallons, some species of rasbora look amazing when theyre schooling.
Hundreds.... really? Think that's a bit much. Pair of GBR's Group of neons in a planted tank would be cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store