Tank Leveling Gap HELP!! Please

vonRies

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2016
I am currently trying to set up a 125 gallon tank in my fish room. My son made the stand for me (with a tiny bit of my help), and when we finally got it in my fish room we were both amazed at how level it appeared to be. We set the tank on top, and I noticed gaps between the tank and the stand. It is 72.5" x 18.5" x 23.4". The 23.4" is the height. I know most of you most likely have larger sumps than this, but it's a monster to me. The back right hand corner (if facing the tank) is about an 1/8" up in the air, but the left front corner is about 1/4" up in the air. At this point I'm afraid to add water in fear of breaking the silicone seals around the glass. Have any of you ever been in this situation, and if you have what is your advice?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
is it a rimmed tank?

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
This is not even close to the right forum for this. If you posted in a forum for setups you might get some answers.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
This is not even close to the right forum for this. If you posted in a forum for setups you might get some answers.
This is called setup and filtration. It is the correct place. Unfortunately I have no suggestions.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; How about the floor? It is not uncommon for a floor to be out of level. What type of floor, wood or some other?
I guess the stand is made of wood?

Does the stand rack when pushed from the side?

vonRies

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2016
hello; How about the floor? It is not uncommon for a floor to be out of level. What type of floor, wood or some other?
I guess the stand is made of wood?

Does the stand rack when pushed from the side?
It is a wood stand on carpet, and no it does not budge. It's solid as a rock even without the added weight of the tank on top, no racking at all. What gets me is that before we put the tank on top we put a carpenter's level on it, and it came out better than I thought possible. Although the tank was not purchased new it was unused, so I would think it would be true and flat also.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
That sounds very very odd. If your stand is as true as you say and your floor is right and you've got gaps like that, well, i'd have a very serious look at your tank. Was it made by a reputable manufacturer (labelled or stamped maybe), or have you been duped and bought a tank that was made by fred in his shed after a skinful. I hope your tanks fine and that it's something else which you can easily fix, good luck.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
I'm sorry either my mistake or there was glitch! I swear I saw it in another subforum!

Pictures?

I would guess your wood is warped. Take the tank off and use a straight edge to check it. If it's true than your tank is warped...which would be insane if it's glass. If it's plexiglass I wouldn't be as surprised.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Have you filled the tank? may find the stand will relax to accommodate the weight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store