Tank mates suggestions.

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
So I'll list the fish I currently have and the tanks I have and I'd like to see what your experienced suggestions are for living arrangements for these guys.

I have 3 tanks...I know I need a larger tank very very soon ...I'm shopping and hoping for a pond sometime.
120gal
60gal
55gal
I also have a 46 bow front for my wife's glo-fish and a 29 gallon plant tank with a couple danios and rummy nose. Just incase someone would do best in one of those...

My fish are...
2 silver aros, roughly 10 and 12" that get along well and share at feeding time, I haven't actually measured.
Two severums maybe 6" ea.
Short albino bichir 4"
Brown knife 4" gets along very well with the aros and the bichir, raised with the large aro.
Needle nose gar about 6"
2 ID Sharks about 6" ea.
Tiger shovelnose cat...growing too quick to measure...about 6-7".
Pleco about 7"
And a little banjo cat I haven't seen in weeks.....but I usually find him while vacuuming gravel.

So I'm on here asking this question to provide the best for these guys, again I know these grow FAST especially that tiger SN, he amazes me almost daily with his noticeable growth. I am actively looking for a long large tank, but need to house them in the best configurations possiblewith what I have now.

This forum has been a wonderful source of knowledge, thank you!

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
i wouldn't buy anymore fish unless you plan on rehoming some of those fish. 2 silver aros, 2 id sharks, and a tsn...

those 5 alone will fill up a 300 gallon in year. maybe less lol

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
I may be rehoming the larger aro soon. The smaller one a got very small.

So any suggestions on who would do best with each other?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
An 8' is needed for an aro, Sn cats and the sharks get huge too, so a pond would be nescessarry for them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store