Results are only viewable after voting.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
It’s all happening now Chicxulub Chicxulub is back on the scene.
Maybe a contest every 2nd month that can be a tank, a photo or a fish?
It seems like 2 months is enough time to get some entries in and by removing the criteria of either a tank or a photo it doesn’t restrict anyone who wants to try their luck. I always thought photo of the month favours someone with a nice camera as opposed to a crappy old phone.

if a notification could be sent reminding people to enter it might help with the amount of entries too.
I always found the Tank of the Month contest a bit limiting since most people only have a few tanks or even just one. It would therefore make sense to reduce the frequency of the competition in order to have more participation per competition. But I think every 3 or 4 months is better than just once a year.

You could also do just one per year and have 4 additional categories corresponding to the most visited subforums:
-Ancient Fish
- Cichlids
- Bottom Dwellers
-Other Monster Fish
But I understand that this would at least require a little more work for the moderator, as he has to check whether the images fit the category.
I had been thinking of doing a category based POTM, so the idea of making that its own contest sounds like a good idea to me.
Say it were “characin of the month,” users could email a picture, the fish’s size, age, and species. You’d basically be voting on both the pic itself as well as how well the keeper did getting it to that point.
I really feel Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 , Milingu Milingu and Deadeye Deadeye ideas. It all depends on how much Deadeye and whoever else would be involved feels they can handle comfortably. Tank of the Month Quarterly? Every third month. I also really like the suggestion by Milingu to have one for the different primary subforums. I think that could play into Ogertron3000 secondary suggestion as well as the pics could not be so much about just the pic but the quality of the fish featured which is a good reflection on the member keeping it. People who don't have good cameras, etc can also compete with their most impressive wet pet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store