Tankmates with JARDINI (READ!!!)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My jars killed loads of tankmates over the years and eaten a few , he's currently housed with a jag cichlid , large pacu ,birchir , cats - irwini , Niger , giraffe , plec and a red wolf fish that's pushing its luck hahaha :D

Reactions: dr exum

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
My Jar is fine and hasn't killed any tank mate he has ever been with.

I actually am using the driftwood in this picture to block off my big Jag until I can find him a new home because he is the most aggressive in my tank, he actually beats up my Jardini a bit.

0525131335a.jpg

As you can see he has various tankmates that he easily could kill if he was aggressive, various bichirs, a texas cicjlid, bocourti cichlid, two small severums

0525131335a.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Weird isn't it mine leaves my birchir who he could eat , and catfish even the wolf fish (second one he ate the first was bit smaller) yet if I put a flowerhorn or big cichlid in he'll smash it to bits within hours , my jags the sole survivor out of all the cichlids I've tried

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
The big Jag on the left is the aggressor in my tank. I just got him and have to get rid of him because of the aggression towards the Jardini, with that said the jardini barely defends himself, hence why I have him blocked off.

My Jardini has never bothered anyone.

Djzest909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Bernardino
I should of read this thread before housing a tiger datnoid with my jardini. They were both the same size roughly at 6 -7 inches my jardini killed it within a week.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Mine lasted about three :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jphann

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2014
San Jose , ca
In my 240gal 8x2x2 i have a 16in jardini which has not given me any problem due to my 12in jaguar who have claim the whole right side of the tank. My 2 11-12in silvers , 7in albino tiger oscar, 5in catfish, 7-8in softshell turtle stay roughly about the left to middle side. Occasionally the jaguar will come and flare and try to fight my jardini and tiger oscar. The jardini wont bother to fight back but the oscar would try. Also i just got thw jardini from my lfs and he was in a 50gal tank by himself since he was so aggressive and killed any tankmate in the store. They had him for a year and a half since everyone can see his aggressiveness. His whole life was in a 55gal tank. So i think he calm down due to a bigger tank.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
My Jar is fine and hasn't killed any tank mate he has ever been with.

I actually am using the driftwood in this picture to block off my big Jag until I can find him a new home because he is the most aggressive in my tank, he actually beats up my Jardini a bit.

View attachment 918145

As you can see he has various tankmates that he easily could kill if he was aggressive, various bichirs, a texas cicjlid, bocourti cichlid, two small severums
nice lookin jar, why arent you in the JARMY BRUH?! you should join :) lol

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
jars are hit and miss thought there a few things you can try and do to ease the aggression a bit.

munchie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2015
My House
Hi, I actually read all 42 pages.

so far my 8-9in jar is doing good in my fish tank

everyday i wake up feed my fish and stare at the tank for 1 or 2 hours before work. Then come home feed them again and stare for couple hours before i go to bed. Really scary ticking bomb. I want to sell the jar just get my friend's green arowana but whats the point since i heard green arowana is as aggressive as jar and plus im not allow to have it here.

but i'll keep a update in a few month.

Last edited:
  • Wow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store