Tarantula Keepers?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah that one is nice too.I really like the blue on them but not enough to risk bodily harm lol.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
At one time in the 90's I was pretty into T's. I had a male Goliath, an Ornamental (Poecilotheria regalis), King Baboon, and an OBT. The OBT got loose once and it was quite the fiasco trying to catch it, very fast and very bitey!
Yeah, for that reason I doubt I will ever get into the more aggressive species. They're beautiful, but just not worth the risks to me.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I've got ten tarantulas at the moment, all NW for the time being... Species list:
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus irminia
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia purpurea
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Brachypelma emilia
Grammostola sp. Maule
Grammostola pulchripes
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Holothele incei
And one scorpion- Hadogenes paucidens
As for C. cyaneopubescens being docile... Eh, not really. They lack the attitude of Haplopelma, as well as the potent bite, but they're still skittish, and not something I would consider holding, for it's safety.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I've got ten tarantulas at the moment, all NW for the time being... Species list:
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus irminia
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia purpurea
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Brachypelma emilia
Grammostola sp. Maule
Grammostola pulchripes
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Holothele incei
And one scorpion- Hadogenes paucidens
As for C. cyaneopubescens being docile... Eh, not really. They lack the attitude of Haplopelma, as well as the potent bite, but they're still skittish, and not something I would consider holding, for it's safety.
Nice. I ordered a few more spiders online yesterday. Brachypelma smithi, Brachypelma albiceps, and Aphonopelma chalcodes.

Any pics of your collection? I'll be sure to share some pics of mine as soon as I get them on Wednesday.

As for the GBB, yeah, I got the impression that they were pretty handleable after seeing several handling videos, and people saying that theirs were pretty calm, but I was talking to a friend of mine about it a couple days ago, and he said basically the same thing you did.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,bump for photos of crayfishguy's collection.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I'll see if my camera is charged, and then try to figure out how to post pictures. A lot has changed on this site while I've been gone

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
used to have alot of b smithis, coasta rican zebra knees, obts, suntigers, gbbs signapore blues, p regalis, skeleton knees
babycurus jacksioni, desert hairys scorps , emperors and az bark scorps back when i was keeping them i had around 80 tarantulas and 60 scorpions also had some babycurus jacksioni to have some babies from 3 different females they came in gravid and gave birth shortly after arriving also kept giant vinegaroones over the years too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store