tell me some funny things you have seen in your aquarium

moray eel man

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2016
Michigan
I dont know about funny but i have 2 big rocks in the tank with the eel that are at least 50lbs each and the eel has been moving them i didnt know it was that strong

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Before I set my ray tank up, it was in the fish room on its side. Our Pomeranian dog did something wrong upstairs and got in trouble by my wife. I found the dog hiding in my tank a few minutes later.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Had a dwarf Gourami that would spit water when I opened the lid at feeding time. :)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Octopus on the wrong side of the glass!
sounds like someone needs a lock-lid snake top.

I used to have a big white male Midas that would attack everything -- heater, filter intake, siphon hose, my hands - one day after I moved him into a bigger tank that sat about 2-3 feet off the ground, I was letting my dogs out and as they were walking past his tank, he started freaking out and trying to attack them through the glass.

They also took interest in him and every time afterwards they would always "square-up" with each other whenever they saw each other as though they were both intent on proving whose territory it really was.

Sidenote: Unlike dogs, a Midas doesn't exactly "accept" the fact that I'm the dominant male of the house LOL

moray eel man

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2016
Michigan
sounds like someone needs a lock-lid snake top.

I used to have a big white male Midas that would attack everything -- heater, filter intake, siphon hose, my hands - one day after I moved him into a bigger tank that sat about 2-3 feet off the ground, I was letting my dogs out and as they were walking past his tank, he started freaking out and trying to attack them through the glass.

They also took interest in him and every time afterwards they would always "square-up" with each other whenever they saw each other as though they were both intent on proving whose territory it really was.

Sidenote: Unlike dogs, a Midas doesn't exactly "accept" the fact that I'm the dominant male of the house LOL

I'm taking it you're talking about an octopus if so lined the top of the tank with that plastic outdoor carpeting it won't let them get suction with their suction cups

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store