tell me some funny things you have seen in your aquarium

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My old brokopondo peacock bass hated this one set of pyjama pants I wore. Top of the tank was like 4 feet tall, so bottom was like close to knee or thigh level, and he would get so angry and try to desperately attack through the glass. They were just black long pants with the suits of a deck of cards on them really small, like maybe 0.5 cm big and spaced 6 inches apart. I don't know why he hated them but he did haha, had 2 other bass in there with no issue.
It's cause they sound like the worst fashion ever ;)

D.J. 500

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2015
My Oscars were depressed after my 2ft arowana died! Just sat on the bottom of the tank and wouldnt eat or swim for almost a week!

Pycnotic

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2016
I had a jaguar, green Severum, Bicher and jack Dempsey in a 125g, when I would add the convict feeders they would always let one live until the next feed. Not sure why they would do that, some kind of fish honor code. I tried minnows to and they did the same thing. I even tried putting one single con in and they left it alone, to this day I don't understand what was going on there

Last edited:

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
I took it as a sign of better fish intelligence when I was seeing a couple pearsei cichlids patrolling the upper edges of my tank and jumping up occasionally… come to find they were cleaning the edges of all the cobweb spiders. Some were almost a foot above the water that they were jumping for. They started doing this within an hour of being put in the tank. Hundreds of previously existing fish were oblivious.

And of course.. farting fish. Also have to love other fish fighting over another fish's turds..

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
We had a clown loach that used to sleep with his head on a rock. Doesn't do that any more maybe the rock got to soft I should have taught him how to fluff his pillow. Side note it really scares the crap out you when you see a loach sleeping on it's side for the first time.

Reactions: convict360

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
mushrooms and apples floating in the tank one morning..... my daughters decided the fish were " hungry "

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
When my red devil turned from nice to mean and my wife didn't know. Scared the crap out of her when she went to put her hand in the tank :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store