THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
IMG_2857.jpeg
Not the same as a wet pet cichlid, but still sucks nonetheless.
I’ve had this guy since I got serious with fishkeeping almost 8 years ago and was one of my oldest fish.
It’s been through hell and back with my poor care early on, aggression from tankmates, and at some point sustaining an injury (or infection) that left him with a crooked back.

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
My miniatus who passed in August, either one of two reasons. I personally think a heatwave got him as he was in the garage, but my friend thinks it was the wild caught food I would feed. However I would freeze the fish for at least a week before he would get them to eat, so I don’t think it was parasites
71355133001__DF29B167-3CDC-4C97-B6BB-B7A896899373.jpeg
as he was in life, definitely want another grouper
IMG_5090.jpeg

Americancichlidsaredabest

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
My miniatus who passed in August, either one of two reasons. I personally think a heatwave got him as he was in the garage, but my friend thinks it was the wild caught food I would feed. However I would freeze the fish for at least a week before he would get them to eat, so I don’t think it was parasites
View attachment 1537372
as he was in life, definitely want another grouper
View attachment 1537373
That stinks , very pretty fish. Sorry for your loss.

Kayden

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Arkansas
That stinks , very pretty fish. Sorry for your loss.
IMG_5040.jpeg
Yeah, he was very nice, rescued him from a store that was going under financially. He took a while to warm up to me, and was very picky with food. The predatory nature of this guy seemed to be less instinct like most freshwater fish I’ve had and just pure intelligence. Would put him on par with most small dogs in terms of cognitive ability. Wish there were brackish groupers that didn’t get ginormous because I would love to keep one without panicking about Salinity all the time. Probably my second worst fish death.

my worst by far was my scromb payara though.
IMG_4977.jpeg
Didn’t take any pics of his body because it hurt so much. I knew it would probably happen when I got him, but I had him eating frozen foods, so I felt like I was in the clear. Want a group of armatus or tats in the future, as I have never loved a fish more. Guess I’m gonna have to set up multiple 1000+ gallon tanks for all the monsters I want again in the future

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
RIP Luther
A gentle 20" Giant. He was doing great until 2 weeks ago when he started having labored breathing (similar to Oscar in other tank that passed away) and stopped eating.
Today he developed swim bladder issues and I had to put him down. Couldn't bear the suffering. Instead of a dead fish pic I have attached his award winning PTM. He was about 2 years old then.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store