the fluval spec V

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I had this tank set-up before for a short while, currently in storage from limited space lol.

For anyone that likes their nano tanks/aquascaping and/or limited to a very small tank, I highly recommend you guys check this one out.

The length of this tank (17 inches) is superb for a nano tank, the filter is also massive and well hidden; though I think some might find issue with the flow rate which is quite strong on this size of tank. I had pea puffers in mine at the time, and found the lighting to be quite good too.

Pics below aren't mine, taken from the web!

P.S If anyone can id the pllants, specifically the carpeting types; that would be very helpful :D

Manu8__too Manu8__too Fat Homer Fat Homer

fluval spec aquascape white betta.jpg

fluval spec aquascape 2.jpg

fluval spec 3.jpg

fluval spec aquascape 4.jpg

fluval spec aquascape 5.jpg

fluval spec aquascape 6.jpg

Reactions: monkeybike

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
17" is still quite big for HK standards, thats im guessing around 15-20G???

tanks do look good, and i've often thought of doing a 5G aquascape for my office table, but yeah, dont think i want to go through maintaing a tank at the office as a distraction...

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
17" is still quite big for HK standards, thats im guessing around 15-20G???

tanks do look good, and i've often thought of doing a 5G aquascape for my office table, but yeah, dont think i want to go through maintaing a tank at the office as a distraction...
It's 5 gallons :D

The exact spec is 17x10x6 :)

I'd really like to set it up at my office, but I think I'd get some funny stares and questions, not worth the hassle lol

Reactions: Fat Homer

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My nephew has the same tank. It doesn't look as good as that though...LOL
Mine looked super basic as well sadly, but if I get the chance to re-do it; I'd put plant fertiliser substrate stuff in, maybe bank it a little to one side or front to back, get a couple of nice stones then plant some dwarf grass, with moss; perhaps going the shrimp route, I'm getting more interested in smaller aquascapes these days

Reactions: DN328

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
That's inspiring convict...I always wanted to try that...I just know it'll take time from my current tank that I cannot afford...l'll live vicariously through this forum...

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
That's inspiring convict...I always wanted to try that...I just know it'll take time from my current tank that I cannot afford...l'll live vicariously through this forum...
Haha I always say that too, then a week later end up trying new projects anyway lol. I bet there's a custom tank builder near you, that would knock up a perfect 16"l x 6"w x 10" h for you at 20 bucks or less, that would be a great chance to do some low tech aquascapes.

I'm still a total noob to it, so I haven't tried C02 or fertilisers; and its truly astonishing seeing properly done tanks that way, but I still think low maintenance species such as Java moss and dwarf hairs can create stunning visuals :)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I guess
It's 5 gallons :D

The exact spec is 17x10x6 :)

I'd really like to set it up at my office, but I think I'd get some funny stares and questions, not worth the hassle lol
I just got thrown off by the 17" measurement i guess, but otherwise, thats not too bad, although probably still a bit too long for my constantly messy office desk...

Reactions: convict360
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store