the fluval spec V

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I guess

I just got thrown off by the 17" measurement i guess, but otherwise, thats not too bad, although probably still a bit too long for my constantly messy office desk...
still think you should do an office nano, so I can see it for inspiration lol

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Lol... No time ti maintain it, plus i think it would distract me from working more than it would help ;)

Reactions: convict360

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
that's cool, do you have pics of your set-up? is it planted? shrimp?
It was set up as a planted tank with just some ghost shrimp, but now my daughter wants it in her room with a "pink fish" in it. She likes everything I hate in the hobby, like neon gravel and bright colored plastic plants. I had moved the shrimp and plants to the plant refugium off my 180 sump anyways so it had just been running empty.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
It was set up as a planted tank with just some ghost shrimp, but now my daughter wants it in her room with a "pink fish" in it. She likes everything I hate in the hobby, like neon gravel and bright colored plastic plants. I had moved the shrimp and plants to the plant refugium off my 180 sump anyways so it had just been running empty.
could do red cherry shrimp and just hope for the best lol, pretty good that she's into the hobby; but yeah I can't abide the neon colours and fake ornaments either lol

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
could do red cherry shrimp and just hope for the best lol, pretty good that she's into the hobby; but yeah I can't abide the neon colours and fake ornaments either lol
She might like cherry shrimp. Petco has a fish sale this weekend, probably going to snag some of those genetically modified glo-fish for her.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I was gonna actually suggest that lol, but didn't know your stance on them
I was in the pet industry for 15 years, managing a couple fish-centric stores, I have seen far worse abominations come thru over the years, lol

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
So I talked her out of all the neon crap and fake plants. Pulled a couple crypts, a java fern nub, and some narrow leaf elodea from my plant tank. She ended up getting a pair of fancy guppies. We made a compromise and she got a Spongebob ornament.

20160206_131110.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store