The reckoning

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I am not sure, I do like having it in the 125 in the kitchen area, its more of a show fish for everyone to see. I also got a Fire eel today, went cheap and got the 11 inch one vs the 18 inch one. But always time for it to grow and it can get to know me more and such. I have always wanted a fire eel. Funny thing is that after just buying a few peacock bass and thinking they are really cool, now getting this severum makes them look almost boring in color.

Wow what I would give for a tank like this is that severum going in the new tank?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Tank.jpg
Not too bad for a cell phone pic, my wife and friends tank

Well I have not updated this for a little while as I have just been really busy with everything going on, last weekend with a family wedding, I got a new TV and had to set it up and everything. Also been working on finishing all the wiring for the basement and have not really done anything of that for a week with everything else going on. But yesterday I got my 8oz bottles of Novus products so I am going to be working on getting everything polished and cleaned really good. I also last night went and picked up a 125 gallon sump which will really be best for the tank and give me lots of room for everything. So i got a couple filter socks and decided to put one on my 125 gallon tank to try it out and see how well it worked. Its the 200 micron 7"x16" heat sealed felt bags. Very good quality I really like them being heat sealed vs the others. on my 125 I also have an fx5 hooked up so its over kill with everything. but still the bag filled up in a week, so after this I have decided that I am going to be using 4 filter bags on the new sump, that means over all I am going to need about 6-7 bags to have around. Because of this I am also re thinking my sump design once again (lol) it will never end probably. Also while picking up the sump I went and saw a friends 540 gallon tank, 4 foot high tank. When he talked about it being 4 feet high it sounded like a mess to deal with but looking at it being 4 feet high it was amazing. Cant wait to have my tank setup and be able to see it all. I amost need to plan some pto so I can push hard on this thing.

Tank.jpg

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Cool pic!

In regards to the filter socks, don't be afraid to go with the longer socks. I started out using the 16" size, but they clogged really quickly. I now use the 8"x32" socks and even though they are 25Micron, they have not clogged after 2 weeks (granted, my stock is pretty light right now).

They will just sit a bit sideways in your sump, but they work great.
(the brown water is due to tannins from the driftwood)

Sump.JPG

Sump.JPG

BellycrawlerJaws

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, New York
View attachment 763342
Not too bad for a cell phone pic, my wife and friends tank

Well I have not updated this for a little while as I have just been really busy with everything going on, last weekend with a family wedding, I got a new TV and had to set it up and everything. Also been working on finishing all the wiring for the basement and have not really done anything of that for a week with everything else going on. But yesterday I got my 8oz bottles of Novus products so I am going to be working on getting everything polished and cleaned really good. I also last night went and picked up a 125 gallon sump which will really be best for the tank and give me lots of room for everything. So i got a couple filter socks and decided to put one on my 125 gallon tank to try it out and see how well it worked. Its the 200 micron 7"x16" heat sealed felt bags. Very good quality I really like them being heat sealed vs the others. on my 125 I also have an fx5 hooked up so its over kill with everything. but still the bag filled up in a week, so after this I have decided that I am going to be using 4 filter bags on the new sump, that means over all I am going to need about 6-7 bags to have around. Because of this I am also re thinking my sump design once again (lol) it will never end probably. Also while picking up the sump I went and saw a friends 540 gallon tank, 4 foot high tank. When he talked about it being 4 feet high it sounded like a mess to deal with but looking at it being 4 feet high it was amazing. Cant wait to have my tank setup and be able to see it all. I amost need to plan some pto so I can push hard on this thing.
That's a crazy tank, but this L shaped tank has the potential for GREATNESS - and I'll second JK47's comment - will you be reinforcing that stand??

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Thats funny tank is so large, sump seems so small I would have guessed the 16inch socks, LOL, Seams like the 25 micron socks would clog in a day with your tank, but maybe its not that dirty and with the smaller fish load so far. Who knows. I would like to get to 100 micron socks but for now am thinking 200 forsure but I will prob get 2 200 and 2 100 socks to try :)
Cool pic!

In regards to the filter socks, don't be afraid to go with the longer socks. I started out using the 16" size, but they clogged really quickly. I now use the 8"x32" socks and even though they are 25Micron, they have not clogged after 2 weeks (granted, my stock is pretty light right now).

They will just sit a bit sideways in your sump, but they work great.
(the brown water is due to tannins from the driftwood)

View attachment 763361

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
That's a crazy tank, but this L shaped tank has the potential for GREATNESS - and I'll second JK47's comment - will you be reinforcing that stand??
That was a hood setup the guy used, I will be throwing it away, well now thinking might use one door from it or a few on the front just to dress it up a little. Not a stand at all, it would not even suport 200 pounds, let along 4400+ :) I will be building the stand out of 2x4's I have a design going, also going to put a door in the long strait in the front so if needed I could pull the sump out if needed.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Well here is the sump and a pic of all the wire mess and such, if it was just finishing the fish room it would be faster but doing the whole basement at once. Here is also the current residents waiting me for to finish. IMG_1687[1].JPGIMG_1688[1].JPGView attachment 763884

IMG_1687[1].JPG

IMG_1688[1].JPG

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Here is my simple layout for the sump and pipes. Now just figuring out all the valves and everything.

I plan to put a sink in the back of it. And yesterday I added some extra wire so that I can have the over head light in the room plus a couple lights in the stand all powered off the switch outside the door. Insulation is all in now, but if I do a water drip system I need to take a little out to put all the piping in. uploadfromtaptalk1333116319683.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store