They're here....

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ask jaws7777, and he will tell you that I absolutly do not like endli. Lol, really its true! I think the problem was I had seen certain characteristics in captive born endli that I did not like but I love the head shape on these wc dabola endli. Im now starting to become a teugelsi snob and hate certain characteristics in my cb one... Ugh, wife would kill me if I bought another bichir.

Yeah, I cant wait to see this guy with size on it. He is about 13 1/2" at the moment and has been eating well so Im expecting a growth spurt.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Lol why would you expect more fighting in a tank with around 4 times the volume?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Lol why would you expect more fighting in a tank with around 4 times the volume?
Because more bichirs to fight with, lol. The endli was very nippy with the Koliba in the 75 during qt. I was thinking it would go after my milder weeksii and teugelsi as soon as it got in the big tank but it seems to get along nicely and is not overly territorial or nippy at all. This is my first endli and Ive only really kept upper jaws till now so I really had never seen any issue at all with my ploys until this guy.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Because more bichirs to fight with, lol. The endli was very nippy with the Koliba in the 75 during qt. I was thinking it would go after my milder weeksii and teugelsi as soon as it got in the big tank but it seems to get along nicely and is not overly territorial or nippy at all. This is my first endli and Ive only really kept upper jaws till now so I really had never seen any issue at all with my ploys until this guy.
Lol I guess it makes sense, though still you have enough space so I wouldn't think there'd be more problems personally, but I get your point. And I didn't have any problems as far as aggression with bichirs until I got a male lap who occasionally nips at the female lap.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
TBH, when it comes to nipping, its usually harmless. I'd pay it no mind unless you start to notice torn or missing fins and misc unpleasantries along those lines.

Reactions: Owens

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
TBH, when it comes to nipping, its usually harmless. I'd pay it no mind unless you start to notice torn or missing fins and misc unpleasantries along those lines.
Thanks, first time with the big lower jaws. They are a bit different than all the upper jaws Ive had.

On a whim a while back I bought a little bala shark. It was growing well and the weeksii (13") and Teugelsi (11 1/2") really did not even care.... well yesterday woke to a missing bala, lol. One of the two new guys got it. I thought I had been feeding them well but apparently bala was on the menu.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Speaking of whats on the menu... nobody told these two new additions that they are not supposed to be pellet trained. They have eaten everything dropped in there. So far they seem to like the NLS algaemax mini wafers and Hikari sinking carnivore. I like the fact these guys have a confidence and eat during the day. My cb teugelsi also good day feeder but the weeksii is shy and will only eat after lights are out.

Reactions: jaws7777

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Had to post an update. The Koliba lap and Dabola endli are doing very well and settled into the 300g. The endli has grown tremendously in a month. Literally a month and it went from 13.5" to 15", while the Koliba is pretty much the same size at about 13.25". I just cant believe the growth rate on the endli, Im hoping it will at least hit 17" before it slows down, will wait and see.

The endli is also very territorial and nips at the other fish but especially at the Koliba. Seems to tolerate the weeksii the best and will let it come and snuggle at times. The teugelsi is absolutely terrified of it and runs anytime it senses the big endli near. The teug has a little frayed tail and is only like 12" but a skinny teug sort of 12", not the big bulk of the endli type. Very glad I rehomed the smaller upper jaws because this big brute would have terrorized them, lol.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Pics pics pics !!!

Mine looks hysterical hanging out with the tiny sen. Took about a monrh or so but no more aggression/nipping

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store