Thought it was a simple cut

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I had some jagged rocks holding a divider in my flowerhorn tank and thought he may have been cut. After looking closer and waiting two or three days and doing a water change the gash has gotten twice as big. What do you guys think?

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm
PH: 7.6

50% weekly waterchanges
Tank size: 60 gallon
Diet: Hikari cichlid Bio gold+
Temperature: 82 F
Tankmates: none

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Charney Charney

I would say add salt and any other medication or whatever and keep water pristine. Fish have great regenerative properties so hopefully it will be ok

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
So... Late last night I pulled him out of the water and applied a very mild 3% H2O2 with a cotton swab directly to the injury. He seems to be doing better this morning. The cut looks a little better.I have treated the tank with salt. He even ate aggressively this morning. Fingers crossed.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
So... Late last night I pulled him out of the water and applied a very mild 3% H2O2 with a cotton swab directly to the injury. He seems to be doing better this morning. The cut looks a little better.I have treated the tank with salt. He even ate aggressively this morning. Fingers crossed.
Hope he recovers. Keep monitoring :)

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
nice gash he has there. Glad it is getting better. Hydrogen perioxide isn't bad. I like diluted betadine a little better for next time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store