Today in the Fishroom ~ F0 Parachromis managuense

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
I was asked recently about posting some fry photos. Photographing fry is both one of the easiest and also the most difficult when it comes to capturing detail. Fortunately the nature of CA cichlids makes the easy part a snap. Breeding cichlids provide regular opportunity to capture photos of both the breeding process and the fry. For most of my photos I use a Nikon 105VR macro lens. It allows me to stand back from the tank an let them do their thing...but it also give me an opportunity to get in close. Below are a series of photos that i took a while back for a magazine article about managuense. The fry at that stage are called "black backers" by fish farmers. The male and female managuense are from Lago Xiola.

MED_7866.jpg
MED_6553.jpg

MED_6558.jpg

MED_6570.jpg

MED_6542.jpg

rrcoolj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
DMV
Good god those fish and pictures are absolutely stunning Mo. How long have you had this pair?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I have a few questions.

Do you have a link to the article on jags and some more pics of these? Also what differentiates these from the other jag locales? (Honduras are known for the blues, nics are usually purplish, I can't remember the green locale, etc etc).

Nice pics and you have an amazing eye for detail. Jags are my favorite. I still enjoy the old jumbo pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store